Keith Helms Insurance is built on two very simple ideas.
1) Offer products and services that fit the needs of the surrounding community.
2) Truly be the customer's agent, or advocate.
I spent years in the insurance business as a captive agent witnessing these two key concepts being neglected or ignored. While I enjoyed most parts of the insurance business, such as developing customer relationships and the feeling that I was truly helping customers protect their futures, I had grown weary of being pushed to sell products that did not fit what was being requested by consumers. I turned away many potential customers, not because of price, but because I did not have a product for their specific situation. I also felt forced to take attention away from current customer's needs in the name of acquiring new customers.
In 2015 I started putting a plan together to correct what I believed to be severe issues that threatened my ability to adequately run a successful, customer driven insurance agency. My goal was to contract with several highly rated companies that offered products that fit a wide range of consumer needs. On January 1st, 2017, I (reopened) Keith Helms Insurance as an independent, customer driven agency dedicated to finding the products that meet the needs of local consumers and that provides worry free service.
We are living in a do it yourself internet world where we see advertisments every day that want us to believe that a dedicated insurance agent is no longer important, that all insurance companies are the same, and that a consumer should only search for the lowest price. I have met with many people who have shared their poor insurance experience(s) with me. Many of these experiences could have easily been avoided if the consumer would have had a caring, knowledgeable agent working on their behalf. We all want to pay a low price for insurance, but a low price can come at a high cost. If you are or have ever experienced any of the issues below with your current insurance provider, it may be time for us to talk.
1) Changes in premium, sometimes even before your renewal, which are not explained beforehand or at all.
2) A constant increase in premiums even though you have not filed a claim.
3) Billing issues or irregularities that are not explained clearly or resolved quickly.
4) Difficulty speaking to the same person who originally sold you your policy. This is almost always the case when calling an "internet company" but can also happen with local agencies where agents sell policies and then are almost unapproachable after the sell.
5) Having an uneasy feeling about the person you are speaking with actually knowing what your policy covers.
6) Filing a claim and not receiving guidance from anyone at the agency about the claims process or no one from the agency following up with you during the claims process.
7) Regularly receiving solicitations from your insurance provider concerning products you don't want.
One of the best parts of allowing me to see what I can do for you is that it's free. Call, stop by, or fill out one of our online request forms for a no obligation quote and put me to work for you. Sit back and relax, we'll do the shopping for you.